- March 25, 2017: the group attends the Upper Peninsula ACS meeting in Marquette, MI.
- November 6-11, 2016: Dr. Perrine attends 63rd annual American Vacuum Society conference in Nashville, TN.
- October 4th, 2016: Dr. Perrine gives a seminar at the Department of Materials Science & Engineering at Michigan Technological University. “Using Surface Science to Understand Chemistry and Fundamental Properties of Tailored Materials”
- September 9th, 2016: Dr. Perrine gives a seminar at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. “Surface Chemistry of Metal Oxide Materials”
- May 9-11, 2016: Dr. Perrine travels to DC with the Michigan Tech Office of Research and fellow colleagues to meet with program officers from the National Science Foundation and the Department of Energy. Thank you to the Office of Research for the well-organized trip and support.
- April 8th, 2016: Dr. Perrine hosts Dr. Anna Belu, Senior Principal Scientist and Technical Fellow, from Medtronic in Corporate Science and Technology to reach out to STEM students, particularly women students, by sharing her career highlights and challenges. Her ideas and experiences on how to be successful in starting and growing a scientific career were presented. She also gave a seminar about her research, applying surface science to industry and medical technology. This was funded by the sponsored by the Visiting Women &Minority Lecturer/Scholar Series and the Institutional Equity & Inclusion from the State of Michigan’s King-Chavez-Parks Initiative.
- April 2, 2016: Dr. Perrine volunteers to participate as a poster judge, Upper Peninsula ‐ NE Wisconsin ACS Student Research Symposium, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, Michigan
- November 3-5, 2015: Dr. Perrine visits the National Institute for Standards and Technology in Gaithersburg, Maryland and the Army Research Laboratory in Aberdeen, Maryland.